Wakefield Annual Events:
Independence Day Events
Monday, July 4th, 2005
All events in Wakefield will take place on Monday, July 4th
West Side Social Club Children's Events
*7 a.m. Registration for Fishing Contest at the Lower Common (trophies for children 12 and under)
* Pet Show - Upper Common Registration at 8:30 a.m.; event begins at 9 a.m.
* Cart & Tricycle Parade - Upper Common, 9:30 a.m.
* Bicycle Parade - Upper Common, 10:15 a.m .
* Doll Carriage Parade - Upper Common, 11 a.m.
* Children's Races on Lower Common: Diaper Derby at 12:00 noon; races for toddlers through twelve year olds begin at 12:15 p.m. .
* Canoe Race: Colonel Connolly to Common. 12:00 noon
Start time 5:00 p.m.!
* The parade starts at 5:00 p.m. at Lakeside Office Park
* It travels down North Ave to Church Street to Common Street to Main Street.
* The reviewing stand is at the Americal Civic Center.
* It concludes at the Galvin Middle School.
sponsored by the Wakefield Independence Day Committee
(sponsored by the West Side Social Club)
Concert on the Common featuring the band "Replay" from 7. p.m. to 11 p.m.
at 9:30 p.m.
Other Wakefield Events
Concerts on the Common, sponsored by the Wakefield Chamber of Commerce, wednesday evenings in August. For details, visit www.wakefieldma.org/begin.html and click on "calendar of events."
Wakefield Homecoming Fall Festival, Saturday, September 24th (raindate October 1st, 10 - 4 (website, click here) (craft application, )
Midsummer Night, Wakefield's Town Day, Saturday, June 3, 2006, 5:00 -11:00. EVENT UNDER CONSTRUCTION: website of previous event, click here.)
Festival by the Lake Craft Fair, Saturday, June 10, 2006, 10:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m..